1940 Ford Coupe Deluxe Project has been started at least 2 times over the past 50+ years. You can be the one to complete this project with your style and taste. Car has a clean Ohio title. There is a lot of car here and a lot of parts to complete it. You will not be disappointed. Vehicles in this shape and stored for this many years are getting very hard to locate.
Feel free to contact me if you want to see the vehicle before bidding or if you have any questions.
What you are purchasing:
– Body on Frame
– New Front Inner Fenders (reproduction)
– Garnish Moldings (already cut down)
– Have side door and rear glass pieces to use as templates
– Rear End (original), leaf spring mounted
– Additional floor and firewall metal for replacement (Bitchin panels)
– 2 Steering columns – great shape (original)
– Steering Wheel – great shape
– Dash – great shape (original)
– Glove Box Door (original)
– Gauge Cluster
– New Chrome front Grille (reproduction)
– New Side Grilles (reproduction)
– New rubber mat for running boards
– Recovered bench seat (OEM)
– Brake pedal setup, Master Cylinder (new)
– New Headlight Chrome trim (reproduction)
– Louvered Hood
– 50 Pontiac Tailights (came with vehicle)
NOTE – More Photos available, just contact us!
There is some rust on the floor trunk area – can be replaced with simple patch or replaced with aftermarket panel. The firewall and trans tunnel, some panels included.
Originally started in California, 1962….body on original frame and the top was chopped. Old school style with lead. The garnish moldings were all modified to match the chopped windows. That makes the hard part of this project complete. Approximately 1995, a man from Wisconsin purchased the project. The assumption is that the original owner went off to the Vietnam war and never returned. In 2000, my father purchased this project at the Kalamazoo Street Rod Nationals North. We decided to complete the project with nothing newer than 1962 in honor of the original vision for the project. I purchased a 1956 Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis, drove it into our shop and removed the 354 hemi drive train and sold the carcass. This was our drive train of choice…to be different. My father passed away while the hemi resided on the cherry picker over the frame to look at clearances. I find myself 16 years later still staring at this project and have decided to let it go. I had a frame built for the car and the fabricator talked me into the Mustang II front crossmember and Chevrolet small block motor mounts. I often times wanted to remove that crossmember and return to the hemi plan. I lost my father way too soon and just can’t get back into this project. I have considered finishing it and then selling it, but this leaves the design and type of build up to you.
Vehicle is for sale on other websites, if it sells first, I will have to close this auction early.
As-is, where-is…..located in Saginaw, MI 48609. You bring a trailer. Arrangements are possible depending on your location to have the vehicle delivered at an extra cost.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1940 Ford Deluxe (Affiliate link)
Location: Saginaw, Michigan, United States